Pelvic Health during Pregnancy
Willow Health Pelvic Health Physiotherapy works with women through all the stages of pregnancy to address and prevent common pelvic health issues. Whether it’s during your pregnancy, or in the prenatal and postnatal stages, physiotherapy can help ensure your pelvic floor muscles are working properly.
Many comprehensive techniques will help address common pregnancy concerns, such as:
- low back and pelvic pain
- leakage of urine or stool when you cough, sneeze, laugh, run or jump
- frequent or urgent need to go to the bathroom
- prolapse, pressure, heaviness or bulging in your vagina
- scar tissue (from C-sections, episiotomies, and tears) to ensure they have healed properly to avoid pain or discomfort with sexual intercourse.
- bulging or tenting of the abdomen during exercise